In this video tutorial, Chris Pels will show how to create a web service in ASP.NET and then call the service from another ASP.NET web site. First, learn how to create an .asmx component which represents a web service in an ASP.NET web site. When creating the web service learn how to control several aspects of the web service functionality with web service attributes. Next, see how to test the web service in the Visual Studio web service test page. Then learn how ASP.NET allows many .NET data types to be returned from a web service. Create a business class library project and then use a class in that project as a return value from a web service by serializing the custom business object instance. Finally, see how to consume a web service from an ASP.NET web site.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades