A Membership Provider allows a web application to store and retrieve membership data for a user, and the standard ASP.NET Membership Provider uses pre-defined SQL Server tables. In this video tutorial, Chris Pels shows how to create a custom membership provider that uses custom SQL Server tables separate from the pre-defined tables used by the standard provider. The principles covered in the video will apply to creating custom membership providers using other databases such as Access or Oracle. After learning to create the custom membership provider, we learn how to configure the provider in a web application, and see a demonstration of creating a new user and authenticating the new user with the custom membership provider.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades