In this video tutorial, Chris Pels will show how to group items when displaying data in a ListView control. First, see the basics of item layout in the ListView control with the LayoutTemplate and the ItemTemplate. Then, learn how the GroupTemplate relates to the LayoutTemplate and ItemTemplate within a ListView to establish a group of data. See how to use floating DIV elements to create a flexible tabular layout since any of the templates used with the ListView can contain any HTML. This provides significant flexibility in creating groupings of data using the ListView control. Finally, see some options for enhancing the look by manipulating the CSS styles used in the ListView templates and how to use the GroupSeparatorTemplate as well as the EmptyItemTemplate.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades