In this video tutorial, Chris Pels will show several aspects of defining and using master pages in an ASP.NET web site. First, see how to create master pages declaratively using the ASP.NET master page model and learn what information is best suited to a master page compared to an individual content page. Next, see how to programmatically assign master pages on-the-fly in an individual content page. Also learn how to create a base page class which assigns a master page programmatically for all pages that inherit from the base class. In addition, see how to set the master page in the web.config file. Lastly, see how to access elements in a master page from an individual content page including some best practices for structuring access to master page elements.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades