In this video tutorial, Chris Pels will show how information can be passed from one page to another using a query string. First, see how to construct a query string including variable names and values from information on a data entry form. Next, see how to access the query string information when the page is posted including how multiple query string variables are handled. As part of the server side processing of query string information, see how to implement validation for existence of query string variables and if they contain the expected type of data. Finally, learn how to pass special characters including a space and an ampersand in a query string by encoding the string.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades