In this video tutorial, Chris Pels will show how to use the aspnet_merge.exe utility to combine assemblies that have been compiled using the aspnet_compiler.exe utility. First, view the output of the ASP.NET compilation process to learn what assemblies are created. Next, learn the mechanics of using the aspnet_merge.exe utility to merge assemblies from the compilation of a web site, first seeing how to control the compiled assembly names with the –prefix option. Then see how to merge all the assemblies for a compiled web site into a single assembly. Lastly, learn how to merge just the assemblies related to the content (aspx, ascs, etc.) into a single assembly, leaving the top level assemblies such as app_code.dll representing the /App_Code folder. During each option the advantages and disadvantages of that option are discussed.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades