In this video tutorial, Chris Pels shows how to use the ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool to configure ASP.NET. First, see how file extensions are mapped to ASP.NET in the IIS Manager on a global and web-site-by-web site basis. These script maps provide the basis for configuring individual ASP.NET applications to run under a specific version of the .NET Framework. Next, see how aspnet_regiis.exe, the IIS Registration Tool command line utility, is specific to each version of the .NET Framework and how it can be used for a variety of tasks like determining what versions of ASP.NET are installed on a computer and what ASP.NET applications are mapped to that version. Then, learn how install and uninstall ASP.NET on a computer using the registration tool. Also learn how to use the registration tool to install, uninstall, or update multiple ASP.NET applications for a specific version of the .NET Framework. For example, see how to install ASP.NET 2.0 and update script mappings for multiple ASP.NET applications that previously used ASP.NET 1.1. Lastly, see how to configure a single web site to run a specific version of ASP.NET.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades